We have just added some new chairs to our Task, Visitors and Executive ranges. The Delphi (Task and Executive), Delphi...
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Commercial Furniture Solutions likes the world and is dedicated to minimising our impact upon it.
The Butterfly Effect suggests that a small change in a system, such as the fluttering of a butterfly’s wing can trigger connections that lead to resonant change. As such, we include environmental consideration in the development of our products, the materials we use, our industrial processes and every aspect of our manufacturing, sales and delivery chain.
Small steps and actions over time become a history of responsible achievement, and a record of the process of change. Our growing concern for minimising our footprint on the environment is also shared by our diverse customer base. Implementing and adhering to environmental and sustainable standards is our responsibility as a manufacturer and our service to the planet.
CFS recognises its responsibility to design and manufacture products, conduct operations, and provide services in a manner that is responsible to the Earth’s environment, protective of its natural resources and protective of its employees’ health and safety.
CFS has realised that the greatness of its solutions is equal to the sum of its parts. As a result, careful consideration is given to each material and process during the research and development of each product line.
- CFS partners with suppliers who share our commitment to sustainability and the environment.
- We source wood only from suppliers who support and participate in reforestation programs.
- Water-based adhesives are used across all product lines were possible to ensure low-emitting solutions.
- Comply fully with the letter and spirit of environmental laws and regulations.
- Minimise our use of materials, water and energy, and purchase supplies that are designed and manufactured to cause the least impact to the environment.
- Seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance.
- Reduce, re-use and recycle our waste materials whenever possible.
- Wherever practical conduct our business travel in ways that minimise impacts to the environment.
- Encourage our customers and others we work with to improve their environmental performance.
- Whenever feasible use raw materials recycled from other sources.
- Monitoring all scrap produced and recycling wherever feasible.
- Minimising packaging to that needed to ensure the product is stored and delivered to the customer undamaged.
- Eliminate any potentially polluting discharges to the atmosphere or drains.
- Consider the environmental impact of proposed new investments as part of our assessment procedure.
This policy statement confirms CFS’s intent to create and implement sound environmental principles throughout the organisation and is available to all employees and the public through our website and upon request.
→ Download our Environmental Policy Statement
PRODUCT STEWARDSHIP POLICY AND LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT PLAN
Commercial Furniture Solutions CFS is committed to responsible life cycle management and the core principles of product stewardship and extended producer responsibility.
Our starting point is focused on extending overall product life and ensuring reuse and refurbishment wherever possible and appropriate for customers. This includes offering re-upholstery and refurbishment solutions that enable an effective second lease of life.
As a manufacturer, upholsterer and assembler of seating, CFS understands that corporate, social and environmental responsibility goes beyond the point of sale and warranty periods.
In conjunction with our logistics team, we will take back all certified products and recycle in the following ways below. Our product stewardship options include:
- Refurbishment of purchased certified products for possible reuse by existing customer or on-selling/remarketing to new customers.
- On-selling or donation of certified products in existing condition to other commercial businesses or organisations charitable or otherwise.
- Disassembly of purchased certified products for component and/or materials reuse in new product manufacturing.
- Disassembly of certified products for materials recycling by approved operators/recycling companies.
- The customer shall bear the full costs of any activity associated with de-installation, collection and removal of products.
- Standard labour rates (of the day) will be applied to any activity in order to deliver the client sanctioned product stewardship services.
- The customer will be responsible for the safe removal of all power, data and communications cables/wiring prior to de-installing any products subject to product stewardship services. The customer
- Subject to agreement in writing by all parties, cost attribution other than that noted above can be negotiated between CFS and the customer.
- The donation of product to social oriented or community based organisation must be conditional upon acceptance of these products by these organisations prior to the implementation of this agreement.
- Any and all proceeds arising from any of the product stewardship services specified above remain under the control of CFS.
Commercial Furniture Solutions will endeavour to constantly improve its Product Stewardship activities in line with current industry and government policies.
Commercial Furniture Solutions will also strive to be innovative and offer its customers obvious practical benefits associated with managing end of life commercial seating.
→ Download our CFS Product Stewardship Policy and Lifecycle Management Plan